Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Entry #2

Having the skit assignment was really enjoyable and it adds an interesting touch to the normal lecture-liked classes.

In the case for our group, coming up with the script and characters took some time, we tried our best to not overdo the skit and be straight to the point. Deciding how to present to the audience our front and back stage was also one of the points we need to consider.
After the entire skit performance by the class
, it was interesting and surprising to see the many variations each group had come up with to present the front and back stage. Some used flashlights and big cards, all used differently but effectively too.

Overall, the skits do enhance my understanding theories in performance and definitely, it relate to each and every one of us. We all do self-talk with ourselves, and this thinking let us make decisions, affecting what we do in the front stage. Everyone needs to have their backstage to vent their feelings.
Working part time as a customer service officer, it is not surprising that everyone always talk or gossip about any difficult or weird customers. I believe that if we were to keep our feelings to ourselves, sooner or later, we might feel that we cannot continue our job anymore. In other words, in order to maintain our front stage performances, we cannot live without our back stage.
Personally, I am someone who can embrace and reject change depending on what needs the change. In fact, I like to have a routine for certain things that I do. Take for example, the standard procedure that I have to do when I wake up every morning. Even when doing simple housework, like vacuuming the floor, I had to start with the kitchen first, always. I have this feeling that things will go wrong if I do not follow my routine.

However, sometimes I do like changes too. When it comes to working, I know that I am not able to stand doing office hours. Every Monday to Friday, 9-5pm, just gives me the impression of how bored it will be. Instead, I would prefer jobs that are
always dealing with different people and maybe one that does shift work. I find that this way can actually make me stay in a job long enough. This is way i still enjoy working as a customer service officer, I always do get to meet different people, whether they are friendly or not. It gives a sense of novelty as compared to sitting in your own cubicle and keeping to yourself.I personally feel that couples in a relationship are more likely to experience relational dialectics. Normally, when things become too predictable, too routine or boring in a relationship, they start to crave novelty. Once in a while, normally the girls, would want a surprise from the guy. And if no surprises were given, one of them (normally the girls too), would start to rant how the relationship is a standstill etc. This is an example of how people want stability and also change at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment